Friday, August 25

Baby Hospital Pics: The Sequel

I sent an e-mail to customer support saying:

I have entered my 12-digit password and first 4 letters of my last name to find a preview of my new baby's photo, but receive an error message (says it can't find the photo.)

The response came 48 hours later, saying:

Thank you for contacting Expressdigital Customer Care. We strive to provide a world class level of support. If for some reason this solution does not address your needs please reply to this email and the ticket will be re-opened.

This email describes how to retrieve your password.

If you are a photographer and cant log in to Publisher, please visit and click on the link that says “Manage my account online for PC “ then “I have forgotten my password”.

If you are a Customer who signed up with an account to purchase photos from a photographer and need you password to log in to your account to look up your order status or order more photos. You can visit click on the Order status link and then click on the link that says “I forgot my username and password”.

If you are customer of a photographer and are trying to view you photos and are prompted for a password before you can view the photos, you MUST contact your photographer as Photoreflect does not set these passwords nor do we store them.

Thank you for contacting Photoreflect customer care. If this email does not answer you questions, we apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to reply with further inquiry.


Not surprisingly, none of this helps me whatever. So, I replied:

You said: "We strive to provide a world class level of support." FYI: keep striving. Apparently nobody actually read the description of my problem before forwarding me the standard "This Idiot Lost Her Password" FAQ.

I have NOT lost my password. I have it right here. It's just not working. I've tried spaces, no spaces, all caps, no caps, you name it. I never registered for an "account" on the website, so I cannot change the password. I merely paid $6 at the hospital where I delivered my baby; 2 weeks later I received a brochure and a password to preview the photograph online. Said password fails to get me an online preview-- just an error message.

I don't have a photographer to contact, because I'm sure the minimum-wage lady-with-a-camera in the hospital nursery is in no way connected to the Great Photographic Entity that issues the passwords. In fact, she was unaware that previews of the images were even available (I asked. We thought we were buying actual photos, not the privilege of receiving advertisements, incidentally.)

So, if the CSR rep who reads this would actually do me the favor of, say, doing his job and helping me with my support question, I'd really appreciate it.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congrats on your baby! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with these people.

I wanted to also say that your POAS website has been very helpful to me. I just found out I'm pregnant! I am looking forward to more of your experiments and stories here. Your hilarious!

~Amanda

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new baby! I check out your blog periodically and I'm always glad to see new postings.

That is too funny your reply to them.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Mother (Re)produces. said...

Well? What happened in the end? Did they ever reply again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home