Friday, June 30

CVS: Evil, Part II

Remember how the electronic "confirmation" the doctor received was just a bunch of gorgonzola according to the pharmacist who then made me wait 2 hours to fill the script I needed? Good. Keep that in short-term memory for about 2 paragraphs.

We discovered last week that the cause of Rora's recurring UTI's is kidney reflux. Fortunately hers can be treated medically rather than surgically. She will need to take antibiotics every day to prevent infections. She just finished up the meds to treat her UTI, so today I dropped off the new prescription for the prophylactic, daily drugs.

(Remember Paragraph 1? Good!)

When I went to pick up the presciption 30 minutes after dropping it off (in person, I might add!) the pharmacist (a different one) handed me a bag and said, "Oh, from the 25th, right?"

"Huh?" (I admit to being both tired and in a McDonald's brownie sundae-induced food coma.)

"You dropped this off on the 25th?"

"Nooo . . . I dropped it off half an hour ago."

"Well, did you want this one too? It's the same medicine."

Then it clicked. Yes, this was the ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION that had SUCCESSFULLY been logged in the pharmacy's computer at 6:34 p.m., just as the doctor had received electronic confirmation of. The prescription I actually took home on the 25th was a duplicate-- after I finally got ahold of the doctor and had her confirm via phone that she had prescribed the drug. The pharmacist really was a dumb@$$ unfamiliar with his own pharmacy's electronic prescription system.

I was so not pleased. I told today's pharmacist as much, but I don't think she even understood what I was saying. Or cared.

6 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger noela said...

Good lord!!!! Seriously?!?!? SERIOUSLY????? That.Is.Insane.

You poor thing!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Lukasmummy said...

poor you and poor little aurora.
I hope shes feeling a bit better now. I really do hate to say this and I am really sorry if this offends you but your blog has me in fits of giggles. I have rubbish service here in the UK quite a bit but nowhere near as often as you do. Hugs if you ever want anyone to moan to feel free to email me.
xx

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Leroy - Customer Service Rep. said...

I love your blog, happened upon it randomly and thought I would let you know how much I enjoy it, and how its inspired me to make sure I go the extra mile in my daily work.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say this. I myself have happened upon your blog by sheer coincidence.... but, I shall saay this that I work with Computer systems all the time. Yes.... they sometimes screw up, yet they only screw up when the person running it screws up. ok. I'm done I've made my point. lol.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger MrsTito said...

I need an update on Thing 2...

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its crazy drs cant write a script right there for you. You're not a number you are their patient, and dont deserve to be quickly hussled through. Be patient with your pharmacy, those escripts take up to 2 hours to be delivered to avoid interception. The escript system is too young with too many bugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home