Friday, September 16

Another Dr. Office

Last week I saw the doctor and had some lab tests run. He told me my results would be in by "Monday or Tuesday."

Tuesday afternoon, I called the office. I pressed 3 for lab results. Voicemail. Left my name and number. No call back.

Wednesday afternoon, I called the office. I pressed 3 for lab results. Voicemail. Left my name and number. No call back.

Thursday afternoon, I called the office. I pressed 3 for lab results. Voicemail. Left my name and number. No call back.

Friday afternoon (today), I called the office. I got wise and stayed on the line for the next available representative. I expressed my frustration (pleasantly!) to the woman who answered. She asked for my name. When I gave her my last name, she said, "With an E on the end, right?" Yes, I told her. Then she actually said, "Hmm, that's strange. I never saw your name on my list of messages."

Oh, okay . . . she just KNEW I used the spelling Clarke, "right?" But of course she'd never SEEN my name.

Anyway. My test results were fine. They came back on Monday and languished in my chart.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger George said...

Here is what you need to do the next time, dont pay your bill and see how many times they do call you. Then tell them on the phone you dont remember being a patient at that office and there must be some mistake. Bet that would leave them scratching their trying to find out what happened!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home