Tuesday, June 7

So there's this scene in Aladdin...

One of my favorite lines in the Disney movie Aladdin is when the obnoxious parrot, Iago, replies to a very obvious comment with, "There's a big surprise. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die of not surprise!"

It damn near came out of my mouth when Rob of Whole Foods informed me that-- guess what?-- no sorghum flour was there today.

I had shown up in person, since I also needed millet bread. (Good news: they had millet bread.) Apparently "their supplier" was also out of sorghum flour, and they expect to get some next week. I asked to speak with a manager, and Rob informed me he was it. I gave him a quick run-down of all the trouble I'd had. He asked for the names of the employees I'd dealt with (LUCY and MILES, for the record.) And then he told me when it does come in, I can have it for free because of all the trouble I've had.

Hmm, suddenly I think I intended to buy the whole case! :p

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

Thats always a nice suprise! i know with my celiacs disease if i find something gluten free, i buy it all up! have fun with your flour!
Dianna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home