Monday, June 6

Partial Foods

Well, Saturday, a.k.a. Sorghum Flour Day, arrived. I drove to Whole Foods without calling first-- hey, I needed more millet bread anyway.

I approached the customer service bar and gave them my standard special order line. They paged someone. The woman who originally helped me place the order appeared. I said, "Sorghum flour?" She took off. I followed. She led me to the flour aisle, where she started scanning items. "I special ordered it," I reminded her. She snapped, "Well you didn't tell me THAT." I replied, "Well, YOU'RE the one who ordered it for me!" She paused, then said, "Oh, yeah. Well, hang on."

Several minutes went by. She came back and informed me that the sorghum flour was NOT in yet, but would be arriving on their truck "tonight." I checked my watch. "It's six-thirty," I told her, "how much later is 'tonight'?" "Eleven," she replied. The store closes at 9. Yippee. I stalked off to the freezer, where I observed that the millet bread was gone. Asked at the bakery; nope, no more, not until Monday.

Sunday, yesterday. I had Jared call Whole Foods, because frankly I'm sick of them. He hung up and approached me timidly. He had bad news.

APPARENTLY THE ORDER WAS STILL NEVER ACTUALLY PLACED!!!

It did NOT come in on the 11 p.m. truck. They ordered it (everyone laugh!) and it should arrive on "Tuesday."

You know, for awhile I was afraid that my restricted, no-Wendy's allergy diet would negatively impact my blog. Never fear . . . Whole Foods is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home