Saturday, January 15

Wow! Starbucks Comes Through

I guess it's only fair to blog the good stuff, too. (That way you can see the pathetic ratio of good:bad customer service.)

Tonight we went through the Starbucks drive-through. I ordered Jared's grande decaf skinny cappuccino (my God did I sound like a yuppy ordering that!) Then I asked for a tall Chantico (the new "liquid drinking chocolate." I felt adventurous. And chocolate-desirous.)

"It only comes in one size, a 6-ounce cup," said the voice. "It's really rich."

"Hmm," I said. "Okay, I lost my nerve. Make it a grande decaf mocha no whip." (YUPPY! For the love of PETE! I even blushed.)

I pulled up to the window and the young man held out a small cup. "Would you like a sample of the Chantico?" he asked. "This is the actual cup size," he explained. I thanked him excessively-- especially when I realized the cup was about 2/3 full. Very nice "sample"!

As we pulled away, Jared said in disbelief, "Wow. That was . . . customer service. I'm not sure how to process this."

"I know!" I exclaimed. "Who AM I?!"

Incidentally . . . screw the mocha. Chantico is bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home